Monday 26 September 2011

Relationships PART 1

I meant to post this a while ago, but it was getting REALLY long and a bit overwhelming. I have decided to split it up into parts! So bear with me.

Part 2 will be posted in a few days.


You hear girls say this a lot, or maybe you don't, and I am the only one… hehe.

"There are not many good Christian men out there for us girls to choose from!"

But what about the guys perspective? What do you think they are saying about women these days?

Have you ever considered the possibility that WE, meaning us girls, need to work on our own Christian life as well?

How are you supposed to be responsible with someone else's life when you are not able to be responsible for your own?

We need to focus on being that godly woman that we need to be, rather than trying to find that godly man, AND the same with the guys! They don't get out of it that easily…

Don't lower your standards! God has high standards for us, and we should too!

A great quote from our Pastor, Larry Nelson:

"It's better to be single, then to wish that you were."

God would rather have us see what we can put INTO a relationship, not what we can get OUT of a relationship.


There are two kinds of relationships out there! A worldly one, and a Godly one.

We will start with what a worldly relationship looks like:

  • We are in it to fulfill our own needs
  • We want them to complete us as a whole
  • We want to love and feel loved
  • There are no boundaries to keep you from sinning
  • We have no discretion
  • We don't care how others are affected
  • Wise in our own eyes
  • The world's love is always performance-based


What a Godly relationship looks like:

  • We are in it to fulfill God's plan
  • We are already complete as a person because we find our identity in Jesus Christ
  • God is your first love and foundation
  • We want to love others as God loves us
  • Your family relationships are healthy
  • It's marriage or nothing
  • Love and forgiveness
  • We get our joy from God first
  • Die to self daily
  • Healthy communication 
  • Understanding of each other
  • Respect
  • Honesty
  • Trust
  • Getting Wisdom from God
One life lesson I learned growing up, was applying the knowledge I got from others, to my daily life.

As young teens, who are starting to become independent, we are told over and over, don't do this, don't do that, God loves you, we love you, read your bible, don't fall into sin, stay close to the church, etc.

Of course I would say "Ya ya, I know!" I could tell everyone of this knowledge and advice that I received from family and friends very well, but, no one ever sat me down and asked me how I was applying it to my life. I know if someone did…I would have been at a loss for words.

We like to think that knowledge is enough…

Christian #1:"I have read EVERY book in the bible, I know EVERY story and EVERY parable Jesus spoke to the people!"

Christian #2: "Wow! I am VERY impressed. So tell me…how are you applying it to your life? What are you getting from all this knowledge?"

We tend to take what we know for granted. If we were applying God's word to our lives daily…why do we always make such big mistakes and not learn from them? God is trying to make us apply this knowledge!

I want to go through every point I just brought up thoroughly.

Fulfilling Gods Plan:
When we get into a relationship, it should be for God. This is the way He intended it. To have one for ourselves, does not hold us accountable for our actions. If we are not doing what God calls us to do, then we obviously are fully aware that we are going against Him.

Here is an example: If you were driving along the same road everyday, and you were just sick and tired of following everyone else, and obeying the same rules, and you just wanted to make a change and go against the traffic, you obviously are aware that you are driving towards oncoming cars!  You made this decision, and now your life is in danger!

We must fulfill God's plan in our lives and not go against Him! 

AND to add a bonus…God's plan is WAY better then any plan us humans,  could ever come up with.
Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

Ephesians 5:8-11 "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” 

Being Complete as a Whole:
I have also learned that being complete as a person means I cannot and should not be in a relationship, unless GOD has completed me first. We need to stop looking and start praying! I have heard many stories from people who say, "The moment I stopped looking, was the moment God knew I was ready, and finally introduced me to my future spouse." When we are looking instead of praying that God will show us the way, we have the desire in our hearts to want,  instead of wanting to wait. So, you need to ask yourself, "Am I searching for myself, or for God?" If you still have not found your future spouse, God must be doing that for a reason. Something needs to happen in your life before you are ready, and maybe He is still preparing that future spouse as well!


Now you'll just have to wait for part 2...
God Bless!
~Destiny~

2 comments:

  1. Nicely put; I'm (patiently! [grin]) looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post it maybe tomorrow or Wednesday =)

    ReplyDelete